So I’ve already setup my osmc the way I want it but here is a simple guide incase I forget, not that it was hard anyway. The latest version of osmc at the time was based on kodi 17.1
- download the osmc image from here and follow the installation guide, remember to use an sd card larger than 8gb.
- once osmc has booted up, it may take a little longer on the first time, the first thing I always do whenever I have a new device is go through all the settings. By default, most the settings will work just fine but some settings to change:
- Interface->Skin->Fonts to Arial which enables foreign characters to be displayed ( at least chinese characters will)
- System->Audio->Audio output device to Analogue if you dont want to run audio through hdmi
- The most important step is to install addons to enable certain channels. The procedure is the same for installing all addons.
- Go to Settings->File Manager->Add Source to add a new repository or simply download the installations files and connect to the raspberry pi through usb.
- Go to Settings->Add-on Browser->Install from zip file, and select the zip file in the newly added source.
- Go to Settings->Add-on Browser->Install from repository and select the addons you want from the different repositories you have installed.
The following kodi repositories will basically have all the necessary addons for any asian media fans!