- Remove the “All My Files” tab from the sidebar in finder to prevent accidentally manipulating all your files.
- Turning on “Reduce Transparency” in Settings-> Accessibility saves a bit of cpu usage.
- Using “Scaled Effect” instead of “Genie Effect” in Settings->Dock saves a bit of cpu usage.
- Unticking “Correct spelling automatically” and “Capitalise words Automatically” in Settings->Keyboard->Text makes it easier to touch type.
- Selecting “App Store and identified developers” in Settings->Security&Privacy->General allows you to install apps outside of app store
- Turning off FileVault in Settings->Security&Privacy apparently causes less problems for your Mac in the future.
- Adding your Mac startup disk to Settings->Spotlight->Privacy saves your Mac from overheating when trying to index all your newly added files.
- Entering defaults write com.apple.dock scroll-to-open -bool TRUE; killall Dock into terminal allows you to scroll on dock icons to see open windows